Friday 3 May 2013

Yummies this way please.

2nd May 2013

It's the dimsum day! Insisted on an evening date at Swee Choon after my driving lesson and love happily (i think) agreed to it! I really love the custard buns at Swee Choon. I was craving for it so much the night before I just had to settle it asap. In my opinion, the custard buns at Victor's Kitchen was too custard-y to my liking. I felt like I was literally swallowing fats when consuming their custard buns. Sounds quite gross I know but I have no idea how to describe that texture -\(ツ)/-. Custard buns aside, there are still some dishes served at Victor's Kitchen that is better than Swee Choon's, such as their chee cheong fun.

My OOTD was Polka-dotted shoulder tie crop top from WoodWood and plain denim shorts.
Ordered the usual dishes. Photo didn't include the 阳春葱油拉面, 红油抄手,煎水饺 and 糯米鸡.



Me sucking in the oozing custard.

Unfortunately, the standard of the dishes that day was not as good as what we remembered them to be. The 炸排骨 and 阳春葱油拉面 were served lukewarm. 虾饺 wasn't fantastic too. The dough of 流沙包 was a little too thick to our liking but whatever they still tasted heavenly to me. hhahaha The rest of the dishes were just alright. However, I chose to believe we went on the day that the chef was not in his best of mood thus the dip in quality. Whenever I want to satisfy my custard buns craving Swee Choon will still be my first choice! Oh and I think they expanded? Saw a Swee Choon open air dining area at the corner of the row of shophouses.


3rd May 2013

Had a 2hr driving lesson in the morning then headed to The Roti Prata House for lunch with love. We were thinking very hard about good and affordable malay food places the night before and in the end love chose this place! Jalan Kayu was part of our consideration but it is rather pricey in our opinion.

It was a rainy day. Rainy days serve as good excuse for being lazy to dress up. 


We had chicken murtabak, maggie goreng and egg prata to share. The maggie goreng was rather salty but I like it for the right amount of dampness. The murtabak was really delicious with soft, shredded chieken in it. The roti was crispy too! We also ordered iced teh which tasted somewhat like thai iced tea but less sweet and YES I LOVE THAI ICED TEA. hahahha. On a side note, I am really missing thailand so much I hope I get to go at least this year end or jan 2014. ):  

Good food must share:
-Swee Choon
183/ 185/ 187/ 189/ 191 Jalan Besar. S(208882)

-The Roti Prata House
246M Upper Thomson Rd. S(574370)  [Same side as Salted Caramel and Udders]






0 comments:

Post a Comment

© A good life., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena