Sunday 5 May 2013

Torturous yet satisfying journey 2

Time to share more on Project axe 15! So in March/April 2011, I went on a strict diet and exercise regime. I guess when you really want to transform into a slender barbie or sexy betty boop you just had to made these sacrifices.


EXERCISES
The inertia was great but it gets better. To motivate myself, I bought new sports bra, running shorts and the Nike+ running app on iPhone app store which could map the distance I ran, calculate the speed and calories burnt. When money is spent you would try your best to not let them go to waste right? :D I bought the app at S$3.50 but I think it is cheaper now. The app is really great and I have been using it since then for all my runs. On days that I ate more, I would push myself harder to hit my target calories to be burnt. If you already had a target distance in mind, they would count down the distance left and encourage you to push on. At the end of each run, there is also a commentator who would give you words of encouragement such as "great job! you ran longer distance than last week!". I mean seriously, no one had praised me for running more or encourage me to run longer distance/faster before. hahaha Maybe just my sec 1 PE teacher cause I'm close to failing for NAPFA 2.4km run. Sighhh
Nike+ running application icon 

At that time, I started with 3.2km, progressively increasing the distance to 5km and eventually 10km. It is quite addictive actually when you are used to such active lifestyle. Nearing mid year, I was jogging 3-4 times per week and each run covered a distance of 10km. I would also take stairs to my unit on the 10th floor after running. Upon reaching home, I would also do some stretching and toning exercises on my yoga mat, leg raises and crunches included.

However, as much as it had become a regular routine for me, quitting was easy too. As soon as I started my summer attachment at my professor's lab, I found myself so tired at the end of the day and jogging was definitely the last thing on my head. So I signed up for Adidas King of the Road 2011 which was to place in August. I highly encourage everyone who is running to lose weight to do the same too! I mean if you really don't want to malu yourself on the race day, you will force youself to train harder right? Sign up with a partner! Preferably someone who jogs about the same speed as you so that you guys can encourage each other during the race to press on when either of you is thinking of giving up. The race distance was 16.8km which was just a bit more than my usual jogging distance so it was still manageable with a little challenge!

Before the race started there were 3 of us...

Just after 2 km there were only 2 of us left. hahaha. Cause both of us were urgently looking for a washroom and we just let our friend ran ahead first. 

At that time I think I still weighed about 63kg. But of course I did not stop my exercise routine right after the race. I continued jogging regularly till I dropped to 55kg and gradually cutting down the frequency after which. To say the truth, I am only jogging on a monthly basis ever since the beginning of this year. HAHA. BUT! To compensate the lack of physical activities, I have been watching my diet very closely! I guess I have been managing it well so far since there was no evident weight fluctuations. (:

I will share about my dieting little secrets so do check back soon!(: Here's a little comic to end off my post:

According to Health Promotion Board (HPB) standard, the healthy BMI range is 18.5-22.9. 
If you are currently facing weight issues like the 2011 me, let not procrastination and laziness hold you back from tackling it. Healthy weight helps you gain more confidence, feels better about your body and much less nua. I can attest to that! (^.^)v





0 comments:

Post a Comment

© A good life., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena